Friday, November 07, 2008

Red Beans & Rice...

I am sitting on the kitchen counter next to my stove. In my sweats. Reading Anne Lamott and listening to Flogging Molly, and stirring my red beans and rice every once in a while so it doesn’t stick to the pot while it simmers. It is the day following a snow day. I hate the day following a snow day. It’s like the day following a sick day from work, when you wake up and realize that your throat still hurts, but not as much as it did, and you still have a headache, but it is not quite a legitimate one to justify another day off. So it is with the day following a snow day. You can’t, with a clear conscience, curl up in the papasan and watch 6 more episodes of The Office on DVD. If you want to at least be up to par with the rest of productive humanity in your area, you need to go dig your car out of its snowy cocoon and get with the program. Which doesn’t really explain why I’m still in my sweats at two in the afternoon…

No comments: