Sunday, March 26, 2006

I love guac.

I got back about 1:00 this morning from a very quick trip to Sioux Falls for the YoungLife Mission Community Weekend. It was great. I good time of training, fellowship, worship...very refreshing. But also a little stressful, because the trip was kind of the kickoff for the next 3 months of my life...which are going to be just nuts. Very exciting, but pretty much insane. From now until the beginning of July, I literally have something going on every weekend, including the Lammies (some of you know what that is...for the rest of you, I'll post some pictures after next weekend...it's pretty much the biggest thing to hit Rapid since...the Olive Garden...haha. And I get to plan it. It's a real good time) a choir concert, graduation, two weddings, and being out of town four times...a grand total of 31 days. So now I kick it into high gear...which, when it comes down to it, I really love. High gear is my comfort zone. Which brings me back to the YoungLife retreat. The theme of the weekend was "One True Thing." We talked about putting aside everything we chase after...absolutely everything...to seek the face of God. About really boiling it down to what matters, and what doesn't. About Mary and Martha, in Luke 10:40something. If you struggle with an addiction to a full schedule, like I do, that short little story is a real kick in the pants. Go read it. It was a good way for me to head into these next couple of months. And with that, I need to go, because I'm housesitting, and if I don't head out now, I'm going to have some really antsy dogs on my hands. I'm out. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy people that like being in high gear. It says something about them... like, they have a sense of purpose and a hunger for more than just getting by. Of course, I used to take that to the uber extreme and be an overachieving ball of ambition, bent on nothing but making some great success out of my life. It's certainly a continuum, there's certainly a balance. Anyway, get out there and rock life in the face! Have a great few weeks.