Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm exhausted. I've crammed as much Christmas-break, catch-'em-before-they're-gone, power-socializing in as possible. So many good friends came home and I desperately want to see them all before they go back to their respective schools, jobs, countries, etc. I have not succeeded entirely. There just wasn't enough time, and I leave tomorrow morning to go to Avon to visit my grandparents and 166 cousins, so there were a few people that I missed. Ah. Such is life.

It's been a good couple of days though. Yesterday AJ, Steph and I climbed Harney Peak. It was just magnificent. The weather was chilly and perfect and cloudless. It had been far too long since I'd been in the hills, and even longer since I'd hiked, (as I am reminded by my sore calves today,) so I was a very very happy girl to be out in the woods again. Following that I went to see King Kong with Nick and his family. Great movie. Monkies are just soooo cute! (Kidding! I'm kidding!!!!) I'd give it three thumbs up, if I had three thumbs. Thank goodness I don't, because that wouldn't be very attractive. Today I was supposed to have breakfast with a friend (whose name will go unmentioned, to protect the oversleepers.) She was unable to attend, so I unded up having coffee and bagels with Walt Whitman. Always a delight. Melissa and I had lunch at the Mediterranean restaraunt, (Mmmmm. Falafels.) and Nick and I had dinner at La Costa, so I've been eating multi-culturally. It's cheaper than a world tour.

Well, like I said, I'll be back on my grandparent's farm for a few days - eating, sleeping, eating, reading, eating, bungee jumping, eating, crocodile hunting, eating, gold mining, eating....

Until then, take care and stay out of trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long live the lovers of sore calves. I will join you in those ranks 2 days from now. It always takes me 2 days to get sore from a workout, and today I did 3 sets of 12 reps at 400 lbs on the calf workey-outey-machine-thing. I will hurt hardcore.