Saturday, December 03, 2005

Live, from Dunn Bro's Coffee

Currently coveting my brothers laptop with wireless capabilities. It opens up a whole new world of coffee-shop-junkyism that didn't exist for me before. Unfortunately, I promised to return it to him tonight. I just spent the last two hours working on my Program Planning and Evaluation semester project. I have to present it on Monday night, and I'm not even close to being ready. I have a huge, expensive, idealistic NPO that I've created and have no idea how to pay for it. And the world of government grants is a scary, confusing one that I don't know how to navigate. This is my future! Whoohoo! Actually, I have no desire to be in a management position for a program like the one I'm creating. I'd rather be the "little guy" at the bottom of the ladder, and not deal with all this stuff. I'd rather deal first-hand with the drug addiction and behavioral problems than through the red-tape and bureaucracy and paperwork from a big desk. Anyway, I'm off to decorate a Christmas tree now. Much more enjoyable than NPO research. Joy.

No comments: